Thursday 15 September 2011

REMINANTS OF A RETIRED CAMPUSER


Two fundamentals of cool life: walk like you are the king or walk like you don’t care who the king is!”

Dear diary,
          Today reminded me about one of these days back when I was younger and schooled in the ways of getting free drinks and free lifts back to campus. My buddies and I call it the “shhh… steak out.”
Those night walks started out as a curiosity thing that went like:
Jo: guys have u heard of steak out?
Me: no what’s that?
Dory: it’s a hang out, I hear it’s nice
Jo: ma bro said they play rock on Thursday and entrance is free.
Me: let’s go tonight but who knows the direction?
Dory: I hear we just walk up towards YMCA the music will lead us
Sigh… the god ol’ days. So anyway today as I attempted to walk to work totally uncool by the way since am not that broke any longer and unlike my lecturers, my boss totally finds it un cool to come to work after him. He claims we are wasting company money… stop, oky so just asking. How do we waste the money if we are not there to use it?
Anyway so as I walked to work, I recalled all those rainy days my buddies( read: eight of us) and I walked in just to beat the before midnight entrance for free deadline and thought to myself….( if only where I was walking to this morning was that fun, interesting and had me promising never to drink again.)

                             Xoxo
                   J.P Orogot

No comments:

Post a Comment